Chemical - Computational Fluid DynamicsProf. Sreenivas Jayanti, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras
Prof. Sreenivas Jayanti
- Member of Research Council of CSIR-CIMFR, Dhanbad, 2013-2017
- Distinguished Seminar Series Lecture, Imperial College, London, UK, June 2015
- Dean (Academics), IIT Hyderabad, 2009-2012
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Elsevier (2006-2009)
- Reviewer for leading international journals such as AIChE Journal, Chem. Eng. Science,Chem Eng Res Des (ChERD), Int. J Heat Mass Transfer, Int. J. Multiphase Flow, J. Power Sources, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, J. Fuel
- Best presentation award for the paper by M. Siddiqui, T. Swaminathan and S. Jayanti entitled : Modelling approaches for the propagation of dense gas”, at the National Conference on Frontiers in Chemical Engineering 2007, Dec. 12-14, 2007, Guwahati, India.
- Best presentation award to the paper by D. Kareemulla and S. Jayanti entitled “Modelling of cross-over effects in direct methanol fuel cells (DMFC)” at the PETROTECH-2007 conference held in New Delhi in January 2007.
- Best presentation award for the paper by S. Jayanti entitled “Modelling requirements for tsunami hazard mapping of Indian coastal zone”, at the Int. Cong. on Chemistry and Environment, Indore, India, Dec. 2005
- Best paper award from the CFD Centre, IIT-Madras for CFD-based papers published from IIT-Madras for the year 2004 for the paper A multidimensional model for annular gas-liquid flow, Chem. Eng. Sci., 59, 3577-3589 (2004).
- Member of the Organizing Committee for the International Symposium on Challenges and New Directions in Computation of Internal Flows, 7-8 January 2000, IIT Madras, Chennai.
- Member of the International Scientific Committee for the International Symposium on Liquid-Liquid Two-phase Flow and Transport Phenomena, 3-7 November, 1997, Antalya, Turkey.
- Ackrill Trophy from Heat Transfer Society, UK in 1991.
- Newitt Award from Imperial College, London, UK in 1991 for best thesis.